Since the month of May all the monitoring of bioindicators of the forest stands have been carried out where forestry improvements have been done. This activity will be extended until August.
– A team of 3 people has carried out transects in all stands to have data of dead wood on the ground and on foot generated, as well as of the new cavities of the stand.
– Flora transects have been made to evaluate the new ones or the regeneration of different species of interest either by their state of conservation or to be indicators of pine forests.
– Bird listening stations have been carried out on each stand to evaluate if there has been a change in the ornithological community due to the forest opening. It is always done in actuated stands and control areas without changes to correctly evaluate.
– In C7 burned and C4 managed stands, census of bats have been done by means of automatic ultrasound recorders that are left recording a total of 4 or 5 nights.
– The sampling of nocturnal butterflies is being carried out in these same stands to evaluate if there has been any change in relation before the forest improvement of the mass of pines.
– Finally, the study of edafofauna at C7 and C6 with prescribed burnings to evaluate the change in the fauna of the soil (small invertebrates) is being done.
All the collected samples are taken to experts who classify them and identify the corresponding species and groups.
In all the actions of monitoring of bioindicators are working: Elena Roca, DAvid Guixé, Arnau Silva, Aina Jorba, Marc Gómez, Eñaut Muerza and Xavier Florensa
Photos flora transects
Aina and Marc doing transects of dead wood and cavities
Arnau analyzing edafofauna